As of Thursday, April 19, 2020, Payroll City will discontinue its 1-800 services. This change is effected to consolidate IT routing and accommodate system maintenance.
Payroll City Workforce Solutions Offers Intense Hands-On Programming Experience, Scholarship Opportunities to Kids Ages 16 and Up Seeking Opportunities Close to Home
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (PRWEB) August 23, 2017 — Payroll City today announced that it is accepting applications for tech-savvy interns ages 16 and older. These interns will grow their programming talents in a hands-on environment with the guidance of the senior team responsible for developing the company’s sophisticated cloud-based payroll and HR solutions.
Interns accepted to this challenging program will:
• Work part-time as a paid programming intern for one year
• Learn the latest enterprise software, programming and coding techniques hands-on • Get a $1,000 scholarship and letters of reference if they plan to continue their education
• Have the opportunity to join the Payroll City team as a part- or full-time programmer
“We already rival payroll market giants in terms of functionality and ease of use,” said Kathleen Fox, president. “While we advance the software, we want to advance the skills and opportunities of local young people who might not know they can have a rewarding career right here in Colorado Springs.”
“We brought in two interns through the summer to help with development and I was impressed with their talent and ability to grasp the advanced programming concepts,” added Adam Fox, CTO. “Constant software updates are always being developed, and I am excited for the opportunity to continue to help mentor and advance the skills of the amazing young talent we have locally.”
For full details on internship requirements, please visit www.payrollcity.com/careers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 9/8/2016
EaseCentral Media Contact: North 6th Agency, Inc.
Payroll City Partners with EaseCentral, Launches Integration of Payroll, HR, Benefits Enrollment, and ACA Compliance to Simplify Administration for Clients and Partners
Colorado Springs, CO (September 2, 2016): Today Payroll City launched the integration with EaseCentral, allowing for simplified management of payroll, online benefits enrollment, HR and ACA compliance for small businesses with 2-200 employees.
Payroll City already delivers one of the most sophisticated cloud-based Payroll and HR solutions for clients across the U.S. but now with the combined feature set of EaseCentral including real time Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) connection, automated paperless benefit enrollment and an easy onboarding and offboarding solution, employee benefits is being reimagined.
“By streamlining the administration of HR enrollment and quoting processes for insurance brokers, agents and employees, our new integration capabilities are significantly saving time, as a process that often took weeks to complete and process can now be finished in a matter of minutes online,” said David Reid, founder and CEO of EaseCentral.
Currently small/midsize employers are faced with multiple challenges when it comes to competing with the larger company’s health benefits, payroll, onboarding & HR solutions. The burden of compiling data manually into spreadsheets and presenting other required documentation in a compatible format has been a nightmare to say the least.
Both employers & employees get lost in a sea of paperwork and the convoluted process of finding the best tailored health care options, with real-time pricing, has traditionally been financially feasible for only the large companies using costly enterprise solutions.
But now with the partnership of Payroll City and EaseCentral, small and midsize business owners, employees and health insurance professionals can pull quotes and compare information from multiple carriers instantly from any desktop or mobile device and seamless integrated it with payroll date.
“I am very excited about our partnership with EaseCentral. The integration not only provides our customers with a simple end to end solution to manage payroll, HR, benefits enrollment, and ACA compliance, but it also enhances our partnership program for insurance agencies,” said Kathleen Fox, President of Payroll City.
“Health insurance enrollment no longer has to be manual or complex. Our clients can now manage the benefits enrollment process seamlessly, while our insurance agent partners can now offer a complete solution that already includes pay-as-you-go workers’ comp technology, HR solutions, and payroll services to their clients while providing their expert advice.”
Payroll City has transformed into an all-in-one software solution for payroll, employee benefits, HR & compliance. Built for both insurance agents and small employers, the cloud-based combination makes it simple for companies to set up and manage over 50 types of benefits, coordinate payroll and HR, instantly generate employee ID’s and collaborate with employers on new hires, changes and terminations, and deliver completed tax information – all from one location.
The partnership between Payroll City & EaseCentral will bring efficiency, simplicity and accuracy to small business owners and employees, reducing the burden and time spent on processes that are complex and time consuming. Best of all, every small business can enjoy our easy to use, world class solution at a fraction of the cost of the complicated enterprise solutions today.
With Payroll City, business can now receive:
- Cloud based Payroll Software
- HR Solutions including, HRIS, Online HR Resource, and HR support
- Employee Portal and Self Onboarding
- Complex Payrolls (Certified, Restaurant, Job Costing, Multi-State?) No problem!
- Advanced Reports exportable into various formats
- Workers’ Comp Pay as You Go
- ACA compliance Reporting
- Benefits Enrollment integration with EaseCentral
- Advanced POS integrations
- Time and Attendance, Scheduling
- Superior service with knowledgeable and friendly staff
- And much more…
About Payroll City:
Founded in 2001 and rated “A+” by the Better Business Bureau, Payroll City provides our clients and partners with best-in-class scalable workforce management solutions, supported by friendly and knowledgeable staff. We deliver comprehensive payroll, tax management, human resources, and insurance technology solutions to our valued clients across the US. Find out more at www.PayrollCity.com.
EaseCentral is the all-in-one software solution for Employee Benefits and HR. Built for agents and employers, cloud-based EaseCentral makes it simple for companies to set up and manage over 50 types of benefits, coordinate payroll and HR, collaborate with employers on new hires, changes and terminations, and deliver completed tax information – all from one location. Started in 2012 in San Francisco by employee benefits veteran, David Reid, and web and engineering architect, Courtney Guertin, EaseCentral works with insurance brokers and small businesses to create seamless HR and benefits processes on a single, easy-to-use platform, and has offices in San Diego and Las Vegas. In 2015 EaseCentral was launched on the West Coast and is among the most widely adopted, fastest growing solutions for brokers and employers in the area, with over 22,000 employers and 1 million employee users. For more information, head to www.easecentral.com.
9 Ways to Reduce Payroll Expenses
- Use a time keeping system. Statistics show employees consistently overstate hours as much as 20 minutes per day just by rounding up. Using a time keeping system can help to more accurately keep track of employee time. Even for clerical staff, a simple web time keeping system can help you accurately monitor hours.
- Watch overtime. Companies must pay non-exempt employees for overtime hours, even if the company has a policy that prohibits overtime work. You can only enforce a no overtime policy, typically with stringent oversight or with termination; you cannot just refuse to pay overtime. Especially watch out for non-exempt employees that work through their breaks and lunch hours.
- Use Two. Many companies are paying penalties consistently and don’t know it because the employee in charge of making tax deposits also reconciles the bank accounts and does not inform the employer of their mistakes. Do not have the person who writes checks also balance bank accounts. This will also help prevent fraud.
- Pay payroll taxes timely. The IRS estimates that 40% of small to mediam sized businesses incur a payroll tax penalty with the average of $845. This does not include the time needed to abate the penalty or potential interest added to the penalty.
- Set your payroll schedule to match your cash flow. This avoids costly NSF fees from your bank. Many employers do not realize that they can set the pay periods and pay dates to best suit their cash flow. For example, if you are in retail and most of your revenue comes from weekend sales, your account may be flush with money on Monday. Set your check date to be Tuesday. Just remember to comply with your state regulations.
- Utilize direct deposit. This saves administration costs of having to hand out checks, reprint lost checks, and eliminates escheatment.
- Reconcile at year end. Your quarterly reports and tax deposits for the year need to match with annual filings such as W2’s and state annual reconciliations. Take the time to verify they match before you send out your annual reports. This will save you future management expense.
- Review payroll reports. Stories abound about “phantom” employees, especially in larger companies. Make sure you review your payroll and let your employees know you keep a watchful eye on all that goes on in your company. You should have an idea of what you expect your payroll dollars to be prior to producing payroll. Then double check that what you expected is what you got. “Use two” applies here, also.
- Consider using a payroll provider. For many companies, outsourcing payroll makes a lot of sense. When you consider the time necessary to administer payroll, prepare reports, make payments and deal with mistakes, outsourcing often reduces not only expenses, but also stress. Remember, for most industries, your employee payroll expense is the highest expense item you will have. Using a payroll service can help you manage that process so you can concentrate on more important matters.
John Wooden was most famous for his 10 record NCAA championships during his tenure as the UCLA men’s basketball coach. Although, he always preferred that people know him as a teacher, not as a coach. People that have heard of his philosophy in life and coaching know all about the Pyramid of Success. One of his basic principles for success was the focus on basics. When new incoming freshmen would show up at the first practice, they were taught one thing first, how to tie their shoe laces. Now, these were the top All Americans from around the country and yet he wanted to teach them how to tie their shoe laces? Yes! He actually taught them how to put on their socks first. Now as absurd as this seemed to most people, Wooden had a reason for this. If you don’t put on socks and tie your shoe laces properly, it will affect your performance. Improperly put on socks can cause blisters and untied shoes can cause injuries or problems during games. Doesn’t seem so absurd now, right? If he focused on something as basic as these principles, how much do you think he drilled in on other basketball fundamentals? What’s been lost due to the flash of today’s basketball games are the same fundamentals Wooden taught. How many professional players do you see that can’t shoot a free throw or shoot an open 15 foot jump shot. But, they can jump over everyone and excite the crowd. How many of these type of players last in the league? Not long.
So why the rant on basketball and John Wooden? The same principles hold true for business. You can’t get caught in the flash of social media, or the next shiny object. While these tools are valuable and can help contribute to your goal, you can’t ignore the basics of a great marketing and business plan. You must develop the fundamentals of a strong roadmap for your marketing efforts and your overall business. The first step is to know who your target audience is. Similar to tying your shoes, understanding your target market and your ideal customers are the foundations for your marketing plan. Take the time to know who your target customers are, so you can avoid “blisters” later. Don’t worry about shooting for a three pointer or dunking, until you have the basics down. Think of your best customer and work backwards, until you have a clear picture of who you want. It may seem boring and easy like tying your shoes, but take the time and learn to do it right. You will be happy you did.